I have a thing for Mediterranean food. It’s so fresh and delicious and it’s one of my absolute favorites to eat in the summer because you can keep it light.
This salad is filled with flavor and a variety of textures. It would be an awesome dish to bring to a party and makes a great appetizer or main dish, and it’s super easy to prep. I’ve eaten it as a side dish, in a pita with falafel, in a wrap, and over a bed of lettuce as a big salad. I hope you enjoy it!
Mediterranean-inspired Chickpea Salad
- 1 C cherry tomatoes sliced in half I used a medley of colors
- 1 C pitted kalamata olives
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 med cucumber diced into 1cm pieces
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 C sliced heart of palm
- 1 C fresh herbs chopped I used parsley and basil from my garden
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Mix all of the vegetables together in a large bowl
- Add lemon juice, herbs and salt and mix well