Nice Cream for Breakast? Yes, please!
When I have a little extra time in the morning (like on the weekends), I love whipping up nice cream for the kids for breakfast. They seriously get so excited that they’re having ice cream for breakfast – and it’s basically all fruit!
I like to fill their bowls with whatever flavor nice cream I make and then put out a bunch of different toppings that they can choose from – like an ice cream bar! That way they have the choice of what goes in and of course I make the choices as healthy as I can.
I obviously chose alllll the toppings for my bowl because I love them all! The combo of textures and flavors in every bite is pure perfection. It’s the best treat on a hot summer day!
For this nice cream, I blended frozen fruit with a little bit of almond milk in a food processor. You can use a high speed blender, but I find that the food processor seems to work best for me to get the ice cream consistency I want. You need to be patient and stop every once in a while to scrape down the edges. Also, watch carefully that you don’t blend it for too long so it doesn’t get too runny and warm. If you’re having a hard time blending it or it’s getting stuck a lot, just add a little more almond milk.
I used homemade almond milk for this nice cream. I think that it makes it extra creamy but you can definitely make it with store bought, plain almond milk too. If you’re interested in making your own almond milk, I highly recommend the Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag from Ellie’s Best. You can use code “OVERORDERINGIN” for 10% off on their site.
Please leave a comment below if you make this and let me know what you think!
Smoothie Bowl Delight
- food processor
- 1 cup frozen peaches (I chopped them into 1 in cubes)
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup almond milk Start with 1/4 cup and add more as necessary
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups granola I used homemade granola but you can use store bought
- 1 cup coconut chips or shreds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1 passion fruit, cubed
- 4 tbsp organic, plain peanut butter
- combine frozen fruit and 1/4 cup almond milk in food processor. Start by pulsing it until broken into smaller pieces.
- Continue processing it and stopping every so often to scrape down the edges/move it around to make sure all parts reach the blade.
- Be patient as this will take at least 5 minutes. If you find that it's not breaking up nicely, add a little more almond milk. Just make sure you watch carefully that it doesn't get too runny/melty.
- You can fill 4 bowls and add whatever toppings you choose. For my exact bowl, continue following instructions below.
- Fill bowl with 1//4 cup granola and top with nice cream.
- Add 1/4 banana sliced and top it with chia seed.
- Add a little more granola (about 1tbsp), berries, passion fruit, 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1/4 cup coconut chips.